Tuesday, July 3, 2012

3, 2, 1 + 1

Passage here. 3 crosses.  2 thieves.  1 Savior + 1 redeemed thief.

I love the story of calvary.  He ministers to the 1 thief who sees his depravity by looking up at the savior, believes Him by faith, is saved, and then dies.  My Savior dies as well, but as any Christian can tell and should tell you, that's the only way we live.

Anytime my overanalytical mind begins to wander into thinking about the mechanics of salvation, the Calvinism/Arminian argument, and all of the lovely added bonuses that such thoughts conjure up, I look back to this and see the beauty of the mystery of salvation.  Mysterious only in how it works, but not in its life changing impact.

As I write this, I have spotted the perfect tweet from Justin Holcomb.

"Christianity depends, not upon a complex of ideas, but upon the narration of an event." -J.G. Machen

What an event.  What a Savior.

I needed this today.

No comments: